Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lab updates and formats

I have been thinking over the way in which progress is monitored and documented, now that you have most of your methodology in place for your experimental work. I suggest that you all write up your work in the form of a manuscript submission to Nucleic Acids Research (it doesn't matter about the nature of the data, it is the style of presentation that counts). This will enable you to progress to thesis submission much more efficiently. I suggest you submit the document to me by email and I will then send back comments. You should make sure you follow the instructions to authors to the letter and that means the annotation of Figures and their judicious use.

Instructions to Authors

I think this might help us all identify problems that need fixing and more importantly any new trends or unexpected observations will emerge more clearly. I look forward to your submissions! Many thanks

No comments: